Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Restuarant Review: Breaking Bread

While I have the privilege of living in the great city of Smyrna, TN, alas, I must admit I don't work there. For me, the biggest negative of this is that since I work in downtown Nashville, I am too far away to commute down to have lunch at the Breaking Bread on the town square in Smyrna. (But believe me, this thought has crossed my mind on numerous occasions...I just don't think my bosses would go for a two hour lunch..)

When I first moved up to Smryna, my parents took me to Breaking Bread for their Saturday morning, all you can eat breakfast. For a mere $7, you get pancakes, eggs (cooked how you want them), thick, crispy bacon, sausage, a chicken nugget, grits, hashbrowns, biscuit and gravy and your drink.

You walk in, take a seat and the always kind staff takes your drink order and asks how you want your eggs. Then, food starts hitting the table. You get one serving of each item to start with and can request refills if you want more. Let me just say this--Breaking Bread has Shoney's breakfast buffet beat hands-down. The food is great, the service is always beyond measure and the value is great. I've been on numerous occasions, taken friends there who have visited from out of town and the conclusion is always the same--Breaking Bread's Saturday morning breakfast is great.

Breakfast is served Saturday mornings until 11 a.m. (I forget what time it starts...I want to say 7 or 8 a.m. but I'm not sure). If you've not tried it yet, come hungry. Forget the Adkins or South Beach diet and just enjoy a good, hearty country breakfast.

I also know that Breaking Bread serves breakfast off the menu Monday through Friday and lunch and dinner five-days a week. I've not yet been able to try any of their other food, but if it's half as good as the Saturday morning breakfast, then it will be superb.

Definitely recommended.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for that information. I've lived in the area for seven years and have never been there. I understand they are revitalizing the area. I can't wait. I love the thought of having a beautiful center to go and read, have lunch, coffee.