Wednesday, October 5, 2005

Local Bank Review

Back in college, I established account with a certain bank who I will leave nameless here. After years of being a customer, I was assaulted with fees for things like coming in more than once a month to conduct banking transactions. Also, I was pretty unhappy that whenever I came in, I felt like just another number to them. I realize I am not exactly Daddy Warbucks putting cash into the bank, but at least a smile or something would be nice.

So, when I moved to Rutherford County, I decided I'd seek out another bank. I landed upon Calvary Bank, which from what I understand is a local, county-wide bank. I was impressed not only with their service (their drive up window at the location on Sam Ridley opens at 7 a.m. on weekedays and they have Saturday hours, something my old bank did not) but the friendliness of the people. My parents banked there and often times when I'd go in to run an errand for my mom, they'd always remember my name and greet me cordially. All the employees would make small talk with me. In short, it felt like something out of the Andy Griffith show--a hometown bank that cared.

Since that time, I've started a couple of accounts with them. When I feared I'd been the victim of identity theft, they helped me quickly and seamlessly open new accounts and made sure I'd not have any checks directed to the wrong accounts. I've gone to them for other services and they've always been kind, accomodating, polite and friendly. In short--a model of professionalism and everything I'd hope a bank would and should be . Now, I generally tend to visit the branch on Sam Ridley in Smyrna, but the one time I had to use the other Smyrna location, they were very friendly and helpful as well.

If you're new to the area or a long time resident who is tired of being treated like just a number and an annoyance by your bank, give Calvary a look. I think you'll be glad you did.

No comments: