Sunday, December 18, 2005

Help for Katrina Victims in Smyrna, TN

I've been contacted by someone who is interested in helping with clothing/household items or toys for Katrina victims who are in the Smyrna, TN area.

Does anyone know for certain where one might contact a local agency to provide such assistance?

While at first I might say to contact the Red Cross, that might take more time than we actually have to work with here. My second guess would be the Smyrna, TN Fire Department because it is they who are coming to the Town Center on Monday, December 19th to pick up the unwrapped toys for the Toys for Tots program. I would only imagine that they may have a way that you could volunteer and/or are earmarking a certain number of things for victims of Katrina.

Finally, I think I might recommend the local Second Harvest Food Bank or the Police Department.

If you know of a particular organization that is working to supply toys or services specifically to the Katrina victims, please post your comments here or email me directly at dailydiablogger AT gmail dot com.

Kindest regards, readers.

No comments: