Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Happenings

This coming Saturday the Sam Davis home is holding an event that is made for a family outing.
Movie Night: "Gone with the Wind". Saturday, September 16, 5pm.
Come join us in the Henry King Theater at the Sam Davis Home for a viewing of a great classic movie. Also enjoy a traditional BBQ dinner. Cost: $20 per person. For more information or to make reservations, please call (615) 459-2341.
The recent BBQ festival they had was the first time there and I enjoyed it greatly. If you want some good food and a classic film, this is what you need.

Later this month at Sam Davis home is something I know I'll be attending.
Heritage Days, Thursday & Friday, September 28 & 29
Living History celebration featuring over 20 demonstrations such as spinning, weaving, lye soap making, etc. Housrs are 9 AM to 1 PM. Admission is $5 per person ages 3 and up. Advance booking is appreciated for groups over 10. For more information, call (615) 459-2341.
I have always had a love of learning old skills like this. In the last year my wife and I have done canning and learned how to ferment kraut. This is right up my alley.

No comments: