Friday, October 20, 2006

Controversy Brewing At Smyrna High

There is apparently a controversy brewing over at Smyrna High over a student wearing a shirt that said "Gay Royalty". Now this is a blog and I've a full time job so do your own fact checking... However, sources say that the student refused to change and went home instead. Now that the student is back in class he is the ridicule and the subject of controversy.

According to my sources there is a My Space Smyrna High Forum where you can read all about this. The student has had to endure a myriad of insults including being yelled at in the hallways by those who are less tolerant. Doesn't the bible say "thou shall not judge"?

However, as a parent, whether my child were straight or gay I would not have them walking around with a shirt that says "heterosexual royalty" or "gay royalty".

Tolerance, people and a bit of discretion, please. I don't want my kid advertising their sexual preference on their clothing. What say you, Smyrna?

No comments: