Sunday, October 29, 2006

A Second Introduction

Hello! I'm Kathy T. and I want to also extend my thanks to M. for adding me as a contributing author to the This is Smyrna web log. Although I don't live in Smyrna, I do work here, spend my money here, have friends here, and am quite fond of this community. As stated in my profile, I am a girl scout leader, and several of my girls live in Smyrna. I am also heavily involved in my company's Christmas for the Children event which gives a helping hand during the holidays to the kids most in need in Smyrna and LaVergne. I'm very excited about the new stores coming to Smyrna - Kohl's, Target, movie theater, and more! I'm happy to see Raz's here and am anxiously looking forward to Home Depot's grand opening! In addition to spending time with my family and being involved in the community, I am also a realtor. From that focus, I ran some numbers just for Smyrna this morning!

Overall numbers show there is almost a SIX MONTH (5.93 months) supply of homes in Smyrna. This means that technically it is still a sellers market, but once the supply officially hits six months, it will shift to a buyers market. That means that if you are interested in selling your home, you must price it exactly right and it had better be in top condition in order to sell in less than six months.

Under $100,000
There are 8 homes currently available, and 55 have sold in Smyrna since January 2006. There is a little over a month supply in this price range.

$100-150,000
150 homes currently available or pending, with 290 sold since the beginning of the year. The supply for homes priced in this range are 5.43 months.

$150-200,000
With 143 homes now available or pending, and 266 sold over the last ten and a half months, we now have a 5.64 months supply.

More than $200,000
There are 126 homes available or pending in this price range. Buyers solidly have the upper hand in this price range, with an 8.64 month supply.

So there's a snapshot of the residential real estate market in Smyrna right now! Thank you for letting me share the numbers. It really is a privilege to be allowed to contribute to this site, so I will continue to strive for posts of value and interest.

No comments: