Wednesday, May 9, 2007

I'm now against it

The subject of the Bible park was not something I really thought about. It was neither good or bad to me.

Till I read this.
The state Senate is scheduled to hear a bill tomorrow that would let Rutherford County officials use taxes collected on a proposed Bible theme park to help pay its development costs.

The chamber's State and Local Government Committee approved the measure yesterday, amending it to apply to only Rutherford County.

Sponsor Jim Tracy says it would let the County Commission establish a special tax zone to aid development of the proposed Bible Park U-S-A.
A special tax zone. They collect extra taxes at the park, and then give it back to the park.

This article says it would be a sales tax. Collected at the door.
Sales taxes collected from a proposed $180 million Bible-story theme park here could help pay for its development if state and local officials agree to proposed legislation.
Wild idea.

Let the park charge what they want and then keep the money. No government middle man. Original and frightening idea, but lets try it.

I am against using tax money in any form, even special taxes, to fund private enterprises.

I'm not against the park. I'm against this tax plan of forced charges, and handouts to the company.

If it cannot pay for itself, and survive on its own, then it should end up like this.

small edit for accuracy of my view.

No comments: