Friday, February 8, 2008

A warning system

I was at work on Tuesday night when the weather was turning bad and yes it did get bad around2am with the rain coming down sideways and the wind blowing so hard that the trash cans outside the bowling center blew into the parking lot. I know from the news repports earlier in the night that the cities of Franklin and Nashville had their tornado sirens going off during the first wave of storms. I want to ask our city officals why dont we have sirens here in our city? This could save lives if we had something like what happened in Macon county. We could get a grant or something to help with the cost. I dont think we, the citizens would mind paying alittle something if it was to help save lives in the future. We are now considered the new tornado alley and it does seem that every year the storms are getting worse than the years before. I ask other citizens if you think we do need something like this in our growing city?

No comments: