Sunday, March 23, 2008

Another point of view needed.

On an earlier post this comment was left by anonymous.
Pssst....just a lil secret...



...there's never been a woman on Smyrna FD.
I feel one set of standards should be set and they hire from those who pass them irregardless of their sex. I will admit that I can only see this from the viewpoint of a fat person who may depend on someone dragging me from a building or vehicle, because of that I want the strongest hulking individual there is to be hired.

What are your thoughts?

3 comments:

Serr8d said...

Here's a couple of opposing (but, complimentary to Feminists) theories:

Theory 1: Women are exactly identical to men and any right, privilege, duty or obligation granted to men but not to women is inherently unfair and must be severely dealt with.

So we must have women in wars, women as cops, women as firemen, women as construction workers, and generally allow women to take whatever risks men take.

Theory 2: Women are very dissimilar to men and are very special and must be treated differently, even if and especially when they assume the aforementioned jobs.

So women soldiers do not get buzz cuts, women firemen do not carry the same loads as male firemen, women basketball players use a smaller ball, &c.

Feminists will use either theory or both theories as it suits their moods and their purposes. Oh, and those 'moods' swing...well, you know...at least 12 times a year...

But, I love 'em!

Since I'm married and have a daughter, I would prefer not to see "Women at Risk". Especially those two.

Just my thoughts.

MacLaren said...

I think that all firefighters should be women. The outfits and hats would look so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

If, and ONLY if, they can pass the same kind of physical tests as men, I say go ahead. As you say, though, I would hope they can drag my fat arse out the door, though