Thursday, May 29, 2008

Early election news.

This is going to be an election year in Smyrna and the three council members have spoken already.
Will they run again?

All three plan to do so.

Reed consulted her family, saying, "It is definitely a family decision to run for office."

Yates plans to pick up papers early next week. "I've enjoyed the past few years on the council and I think (Smyrna) is going in the right direction. I want to be there to carry the torch," he said.

Though he underwent quadruple bypass surgery in November and stomach surgery earlier this year, Johns plans to run one last time.

"(My wife) doesn't want me to, but I'm going one more time," he said, noting that the end of this term will complete his 25th year in service to the town.
I'm glad all three are running. Experience counts for many things. Surprised?

I might try to get a list of the others who are running and see what issues they are running on. Might be an intersting year for 'This is smyrna, TN.'

2 comments:

David The Good said...

I think I should maybe jump in.

Gunner said...

The idea is not bad.