Thursday, May 1, 2008

Smyrna's most wanted



This is a wanted Cockatiel and Buddy is currently Smyrna's most wanted for one family.
I wanted to pass along to you a blog I created a little over a week ago for Buddy, our cockatiel. He's flying around Smyrna right now having himself a grand old adventure (we hope), but we sure would like to find him and bring him home. On April 17, Thursday evening, he was on my husband's shoulder as hub's walked out the door and away he flew. It was like watching a helium balloon go up, up, up and away. Poor hubs didn't even realize Buddy was on his shoulder or out of his cage for that matter.

We live on Lake Farm and have gotten a few calls in response to the many flyers we've put out in nearby areas...a sighting at the park, a sighting in the Bent Tree subdivision, and yesterday, he was seen just down the road a piece at Ed's Bait Shop on Florence.

So I send his blog to you in hopes that the more folks know about our bird on the loose, the greater the chances of us getting him back. One less cockatiel stirring up trouble on the streets of Smyrna. http://findbuddybird.blogspot.com/
Do birds respond to calls like a dog?

4 comments:

MacLaren said...

Hey! That's the bird that stole my stereo!

Buddy's Family said...

Thanks again, Gunner, for helping to get the word out about Buddy. Our Buddy never really came to us when we called him though he was familiar with his name. He would frequently repeat it, especially when he saw himself in the mirror..."Hey Buddy Buddy!". But we're hoping that if he hears familiar words and phrases like his name and some of the others I mentioned in his blog , he might make some kind of connection and feel comfortable approaching the person calling him.

How funny about the stereo...he does love music!

MacLaren said...

Ha!

Seriously, if we did see him, we'd do our best to help you get him home.

I'm a regular reader and my eyes are peeled.

Anonymous said...

I hope you find your baby buddy. I have 4 and I am selling 3 of them and one is a male named charlie. I am doing a garage sale on friday and if you would like to see him stop by. I know its not the same but I lost a pet and got another one and it helps. God bless you and i will be looking for you. I live on Buttonwood Dr. here in Smyrna