Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What are they?

My brother is in basic training in the military and each of his letters have requested us to mail him. A bit lonely I guess. Instead of full letters I was going to get him with a high number of postcards.

We went to(name withheld to protect store)and when my wife asked the teller where the postcards were the lady replied "What are they?" It seems she had never heard of postcards as my wife had to explain them to her.

Am I dang old and postcards are a thing of the pre-email past? grumble.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love postcards! And Wal-Mart has a bunch of them in a rack next to customer service. No one finds them there...I even got an Opryland one a couple of years ago (long after Opryland had closed!)

Anonymous said...

You could try the camp ground on Rocky Fork Road....Anna & Donna are wonderful, and will probably have some unique pastcards in stock!

Anonymous said...

You can usually get postcards from Sam Davis Home's gift shop also.

Anonymous said...

I was also going to suggest the campground and the Sam Davis Home. They have some nice ones and the people in the gift shop are always so nice.