Thursday, August 14, 2008

Praise for Smyrna's Firefighters

As my first post here at "This is Smyrna, TN" I just want to send out a "thank-you" to our local firefighters. There's plenty of suspicion of government these days, and often rightfully so, but there still seem to be solid men and women who are serving this country and doing their jobs well. Particularly on the local level - and definitely here in Smyrna.

Last week, my sister took my three young children on a walk over to the Smyrna Library and its accompanying park. My kids (all under 4) LOVE fire trucks and firemen in general. So on their walk, my sister decided to take them by and see the fire station across from the park.

The gentlemen over there let them stand on the truck, see the equipment, and check out the fire station. Needless to say, the young ones had a blast. After coming home they sat all afternoon and colored the fire-related coloring books they'd been given and talked about the trucks and firemen.

I didn't get to go along this time, but I appreciate their generosity and neighborliness. Not to mention the fact that if there was ever a fire at my place, these guys would be the ones I'd want to see.

Cheers to our hometown firefighters! Keep up the good work!

(It's almost enough to make me want to buy a smoke detector!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My husband is a firefighter for Smyrna so I will pass on the compliments to him and the rest of the fire fighters. Now....You have 3 little ones, that should be enough motivation to buy a smoke detector...remember...they do save lives and could save you and the babies lives one day.