Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The idiocy and joy of youth

I enjoy the memories of my idiot youth when life was full and I broke the rules. You really have not lived until you've awoken in a car in a field and have no idea where you're at...but you know you have one massive damn hangover. Of course many of my greatest achievements were performed in school. If I had been in school when they had zero tolerance policies I might still be there.

I've come across some more local videos of youth at the Smyrna High School with this humble description.
Smyrna High Schools "Freshman Initiation Day" There Was A Huge Mosh Pit In The Back Of The School.
Enjoy



I like the yells of 5.0. when someone spots either a school resource officer, or a smyrna police officer.

The youtube account holder also has 4 more videos titled as "Bathroom Mosh" 1, 2, 3, and 4 and described as "Bathroom Mosh Pit 1 During Freshman Initiation Day at Smyrna High."

Looks like the same fun I had when I was young.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This doesn't look like fun to me.
If someone were knocked unconscious, I'm thinking the bathroom would have cleared out fast and no help would have been sought for the injured.

Glad I didn't see my child in the videos. I guess all of those extracurricular activities he's involved in keep him too busy for this kind of activity.

Gunner said...

It comes down to point of view. Those kids seemed to be having fun to me in the bathroom mosh, but the one behind the school looked a bit rougher.

I did worse and had fun as a kid.

I wonder how many parents know their kids do stuff like this?