Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Signs, signs, and a phone call UPDATES

Smyrna is enjoying a bumper crop of political signs. what I did not expect was an automated phone call from one of the candidates. Just a few minutes ago I received on my cell phone (how they got the number I'm not sure) an automated message from Tim Morrell reminding people that tomorrow was the last day for early voting and how he would fight against any tax increase (He might have said property tax increase but don't hold me to it).

I almost did not answer it because it came through as a "private" call. Luckily for him I get intrigued enough to answer most private calls.

UPDATE:
I received a "private call" yesterday and today. I missed both so I can only best assume they are political calls, but not who from. From comments some are bothered by them and rightly so, but they are a tool to get a quick message across with having to answer a door or throw more paper fliers into the landfill.

Since I already voted they are pretty much wasted on me.


UPDATE II
Sprint sucks...and so do these Razor cellphones. It took a few days but the message was recorded and finally showed on my phone. They both were from Tim Morrell and they were different from each other and from the first I got. He's really hitting the full media playbook for votes.

UPDATE III
It's 7:25pm Monday and I received another Tim Morrell call, this time from "Unknown".

I wonder how much he paid for these calls?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand why I'm getting calls from any of these robo-callers...doesn't being on the "No Call" list count anymore?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I got the call at two places - on my work phone number which is not even in Smyrna and at home. I wish I knew where he got my numbers. Mr. Morrell just lost my vote because of that alone.

I'm willing to bet he got it from the Smyrna Utility Department. He could have gotten it from the election commission too. I don't know if they are supposed to give that information out or not, but they shouldn't if you ask me.

I'm also sick of getting all of these stupid polling phone calls regarding the election. It seems like I get one or two almost every day. I'll be so glad when this election is over with.

Anonymous said...

ARRRGH! I didn't get that one, but did get one from Dr. Saxena's machine. At least they called my home and didn't waste my cell minutes. It made voting for Ms. Rowland that much easier.

I voted for Mr. Morrell with an early ballot since I will be out of town next week. I wonder if I can call the election commission and ask to change that vote?

David The Good said...

I'll probably vote for Mr. Morrell just because he isn't currently on the town council.

Met him today. Seemed like a nice enough guy. Though he told me he's not sure whether he was "Larry, Curly or Moe."

Some of you might get that reference. Ha ha!

Anonymous said...

I voted for Tim Morrell, even after THREE annoying phone calls! He was the only candidate to actually knock on my door and introduce himself...and I have an incumbent councilman (er...woman) in my own neighborhood who didn't ask for our vote, wave as she drives out of the neighborhood, NOTHING! I think said councilwoman, as concluded by her mailer I received a few weeks ago, is thinking that her family name is going to win her vote. I hope she loses.