Thursday, October 2, 2008

Tonight is the night....if you can see it.

Tonight is the night for the debates between the candidates for the the sister towns of Smyrna and LaVergne. They will be broadcast on the Rutherford County Government Access Channel
• 6:45-7:15 p.m.: La Vergne Alderman. Candidates are Senna Mosley, Dennis Waldron and Mike Slinker.

• 7:30-8 p.m.: Smyrna Town Council. Candidates are Paul Johns, Tim Morrell, Mary Esther Reed and James Yates.
I have a request for the two...or maybe three regular readers of This is Smyrna.

I have tried for three days to get online and check out the online streaming feed supposedly at THIS link (link also on the RCTV page). At first I received this error message.
Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the server is not responding. If you entered a URL or path to play the file, verify that it is correct. If you clicked a link to play the file, the link may not be valid.
I emailed them and they responded that the problem should be fixed...but now I get this error.
Windows Media Player cannot play the file because a network error occurred. The server might not be available. Verify that you are connected to the network and that your proxy settings are correct.
I have gone to other streaming sites that stream through windows Media player and they all work, and have even updated to the latest version of media player and all to naught.

Will you click to see if the link works for you, and if not could you email them. I received no response after the second email, and I really want to watch the debate. Sadly my plans to go view it have been derailed by a bum knee that I have re-hurt. Yep. Back on crutches for a while.

I know a good number of people view the town meetings here in Smyrna by way of computer and if everyone is having this issue then it needs to be corrected.

Give it a try and tell me in comments if your system works. Thanks

1 comment:

Parzi said...

Thanks for the info! This is my first time voting locally and hopefully this will help me decide.

I can't see the live feed either, so it's not just you.