Tuesday, November 4, 2008

and the winner is.......

all of Rutherford county. Because we all know that elections are like kidney stones. Painful until they pass, and drugs help the process.

Absentee and Early Votes only so far

In Smyrna the vote count is currently
24.53%...Paul Johns
30.30%...Mary Esther Reed
22.19%...James Yates
22.67%...Tim Morrell
00.31%...Write-in
00.06%...Write-in
00.04%...Write-in

The numbers for the liquor referendum are
53.81%...Freedom to purchase what you desire
46.19%...All your freedoms belong to us

I'll update and comment as the night passes. Then I have to right rite write my column for next week. I might use that kidney stone line.

9 comments:

David The Good said...

Wow. Reed is on top?

Gunner said...

My wife said pretty much the same thing.

David The Good said...

Hope! Change! Reed!

David The Good said...

Must be the pretty signs.

David The Good said...

I'll bet you're the top write-in.

Gunner said...

Sadly I'll have to contact them to get the info on who the write-ins are...might make a column on it.

David The Good said...

I'd be curious, for sure.

Unknown said...

It was probably the signs that got Reed the votes. I was standing in line to vote in Smyrna and group of people behind me were confused as to why there were other people on the ballet. They thought we were just voting for the President. I couldn't believe what I was hearing....it's scary to think that people don't know who they are voting for and the consequences it leads to.

Gunner said...

Well welcome from Gunner