Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fall Thoughts

I don't know about you all, but I think this is the prettiest Fall I've experienced here.

A great time to take a walk, enjoy the crisp air, catch a falling leaf and meet your neighbors.

I live in the old part of town and on days like this, as I look at the historic houses and think about the changing of the seasons, I can really feel the past.

In many ways, this is a lovely town... and right now is a great time to enjoy it.

Maybe I'll meet you on the road.

4 comments:

Gunner said...

when my wife left for work Monday she said the air was full of falling leafs like a screen saver. "lovely" was the term she used.

Anonymous said...

You should drive down East Main in the 'Boro... with the antebellam homes and the gorgeous leaves.... Wow!

David The Good said...

Funny to compare real-life to a screen-saver. :) It's been lovely for sure, when not raining!

And anonymous... I should do that. It's such a cool drive anyways.

Anonymous said...

It really gets you in the mood for Thanksgiving too. I love having that calm feeling while on a walk in the Fall, with the delicious crunching sound of the leaves as you step on them, and the smell of the fire places that are going in the cozy homes you pass.