Sunday, November 9, 2008

The weather at Steve's house

A local commenter named Steve runs his own weather station webpage and it is all from his own back yard.
The site is taken from my weatherstation in the back yard, and the data is both for my use and is given to the National Weather Service.

I had a crash on my server a few months ago, so the YTD totals on things aren't accurate, but the current info is all good. I will have time off in December, and was going to redo the website then anyways so that it would be easy to use. If you link it, then I'll finally have a good reason to get it done.
Now you can find the weather in his backyard...and for Smyrna in General in an instant.

I welcome Smyrna Weather to our resources role. Now he has to redo the site. Ha!

3 comments:

Chip said...

This is exciting news! I've been wanting to find a local weather station I can access stats from. In fact, I've been thinking about investing in a small amount of equipment from my house. Guess I won't have to do that now. Thank you steve!

Anonymous said...

Chip,

Glad you are able to get some use from the site. When I have time next month, I am planing to change things around and make it a site that people can get forecasts, radar, and stuff that they are interested in. Gunner brought up the webcam, which should be easy to do. If you have any other requests, let me know and I will break out my html book and try to get it done.

David The Good said...

Cool resource, Steve.

How did you get into weather-tracking?