Monday, December 15, 2008


Hello all and boy am I relaxed. This semester of school for me is over and I get just short of a month off. I mentally need this breather badly.

Well the town has for this week the last two meeting currently scheduled for the month.
Storm Water Advisory Committee: December 15, 2008 - 7:00 PM
Parks Advisory Board: December 16, 2008 -6:00 PM at Chatterbox Coffee and Tea Café, 197 Enon Springs Road, West
The Board of Zoning Appeals, the beer board, and the Historic commission have no meetings this month. During the last town council meeting there was talk of a special meeting to start regulating and organizing the new package liquor sales. while this is not currently planned I have to say that the subject will interest me greatly and I'm going to have fun dealing with this one. Fun for me...not for them.

Locally we really have one historical event.
Victorian Holiday Tours for Children
December 08, 2008 - December 19, 2008
Held at Oaklands Historic House Museum, 900 North Maney Avenue, Murfreesboro. Experience Victorian holiday customs through decorations and tales from the past as you tour Oaklands. The program is available to home school groups and school groups. Contact: Oaklands Historic House Museum, (615) 893-0022
The DNJ does have an online article listing three local Christmas events produced by local churches for those interested.

For those interested. Our Sister city website This is LaVergne is having a get-together for those who have a strong connection with LaVergne.
It is with great pleasure that I invite the writers and readers of This is LaVergne to celebrate the holidays on Thursday, December 18th from 6:30 - 8:30′ish p.m. at Sir Pizza. Located at 1928 Madison Square Blvd., Suite 100 (behind Burger King and in the same shopping area as WillStan’s Grille), the manager Lucky Maze is welcoming us with open arms.
Well have fun this holiday and I hope you all keep the holiday spirit.

1 comment:

GerryH said...

Regrettably I have a final Thursday night and will not be able to join you at Sr Pizza. Otherwise I would be there. Never miss a good excuse to leave the diet.