Sunday, December 7, 2008

on the grass

I like getting letters from people who read my columns. One issue that has jumped out is the town's zeal in enforcing the codes on people parking on the grass. The town council meeting this month, the first with Tim Morrell I believe, will have public comments from...
Steve Morgan, 550 Carter Lane – “Parking on Grass”
While I'm only guessing on which side he will come down I hope he is for "it's my yard" side of things.

Sadly there are asses in town who abuse their yard and they are the reason why the town has been 'grounded' from parking there. A form of collective punishment. I fall to the side that feels that there will be victims one way or the other. I just wish the victims are due to too much freedom and not from too much regulation and power in the governments hands.

Here is the town councils agenda for the Dec 9 meeting.

2008-12.09TCA

A few well directed emails to the council members that some regulations might need to be loosened or dropped might help Mr. Morgan.

No comments: