Monday, March 23, 2009

School Project

I'm doing a school project that might be of interest to a few of you. Smyrna is a town with a lot of history, but nothing you would call ground breaking. No giant ports of calls, no majorly famous individuals, or even historical events, but that does not mean we don't have a history worth saving.

A lot of roads in Smyrna are named after people who are part of that history and few know of them. My project is to create a website that tells a little of their history, and hopefully have it grow with community feedback.

Here is an example of what a page on the website would look like. I have yet to find a face shot of him, but hopefully in one of the archive of the local papers I can find one.

William H DeLacey

I might ask for some website hep from others. I'm going to be using a basic WYSIWYG HTML editor to start, but how to get the material from the disc to a website hosting service might require some assistance.

Because of this project and others the posting here will be less than normal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cool idea! I love it!