Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Stimulus for teens

For the word on the street, I hear that the Cumberland action group of Rutherford County is getting stimulus money from the Gov and this summer they are planning on putting 250 teenagers to work. They are going to pay for workers compensation and taxes.

I want to know why give these teenagers the stimulus money when there are grown adults out there loosing their homes while the teens will just use it for things that aren't a necessisty.

These jobs are temp through the summer months and if a company hires them or puts them to work the regular employees will have their hours cut because this will be free labor to the companies that hire them. This isnt fair to them!

I would love to hear some input on this subject.

2 comments:

starbender said...

This economy is terrible. It's like a rock in a hard place, you just can't win. I would have to go with the adults who have family to support.

mark said...

I know the teens will spend but the aount of money the spend wont make a dent in the economy. It would not be fair to see someone at a company get their hours cut back because of this free labor to them. I know several companies that will probably cut hours to use free labor which if they do I will let everyone know! Lets wrottu about thos that want work full tim and not just a smummer job!