Friday, April 24, 2009

Fund raiser update:



As the month of April comes and goes and we get ready for the month of May, I am working hard on a fund raiser for the Red Cross, Rutherford county chapter. I have secured a dunking machine that is provided by the La Vergne Lions Club, also an airbrush tattoo artist, A d.j. spinning 70's music, Smyrna fire dept will be bringing a firetruck, and our very own congressman Bart Gordon is going to try to attend this event. What I need from the people of Northern Rutherford county is things for donation to the silent auction. I am also needing volunteers to help with getting things together plus help out the day of the fund raiser. anyone want to work the dunking booth would be great too! Our state is known as the Volunteer state so Smyrna and La Vergne step up and lets make this event one to remember. Feel free to comment here or email me at bearroller9640@yahoo.com.

UPDATE: I have now reserved an inflatable from spacewalk of Murfreesboro and they also own Cox martial arts which they are donating a gift cert for 6 months of martial arts class valued at $650. this is a great item for our silent auction!

update #2: Our sponsors:

I wanted to give a big shout out to our sponsors so far that are helping us with this huge event coming up at the end of May. I want to thank them and hope we get many more that want to attend this event.

here are their links:

Totally connected D.J. service

Spacewalk of Murfreesboro and Cox Martial Arts

Check these great people out and do business with them because they care about our community!

1 comment:

Ian said...

Thank you for keeping us updated about what is going on in Smyrna. I just wanted to drop in and say that your blog is extremely helpful and I actually find it easier to see what is going on than going to some of the official Smyrna sites out there. Keep it up and thanks again for taking the time to keep us informed! Have a great day!

Ian