Monday, June 8, 2009

I hear major business is leaving Smyrna!

I have heard that 2 businesses are leaving one area of Smyrna and one is moving to the new shopping center by Toot's but one isn't renewing their lease! World Finance on south Lowery and the Kroger's next to them won't be renewing their lease because of plumbing problems and they aren't happy with backed up toilets and sinks. this is a sad day in Smyrna since the owners of this shopping center won't fix the problems. I love going to the Kroger's on south Lowery because it's not very busy and I know where everything is! I will miss you guys!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, so which one's moving across town? Surely not Kroger, since there's already one right there on Sam Ridley.

So they're not leaving entirely, just closing a location? Still sucks, regardless.

mark said...

world finance is moving over by Toot's and Krogers is closing from what I hear from the people at Worrld Finance. sad day that one is closing down!

Anonymous said...

I'm not totally surprised that the Kroger on South Lowery is closing. I have never seen that store busy, and that area hasn't boomed as much as we all probably thought it would.

The fact that they never put in gas pumps should have been the writing on the wall that their stay would soon end. That, and the fact that the La Vergne Kroger has probably reduced some of the traffic at the Sam Ridley Kroger, they can afford to redirect their same store traffic back to Sam Ridley. It is sad news though.

Amber said...

Oh no! I like using the post office inside that Kroger. Will it be moving to the Kroger on Sam Ridley?

mark said...

I just heard this closing and have yet to confirm this but when I do I will let everyone know. But the people at World Finanace states this and I do business with them as well!

Mealand said...

According to Kroger corporate, the store is not closing

Fran said...

I spoke to the store's manager on Saturday. He said, "NO" the store is not closing. And ask where I heard the rumor.