Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'm going to be what! PART 2

I replied to MRMASHPOTATOESMOOTH and asked him if he was in the video, and that I did not feel I had anything to worry about being "prosecuted". I also was courteous to send him the link to this website. I'm nice that way. This afternoon I received the following email from him.
Smyrna Wallet Video
Just an FYI - you have sent out a video that don't show these two "innocent" people taking any money or even opening this wallet. This person has hired an attorney to sue the Smyrna PD as well as you for putting out a "Bogus" video. U may want to delete it before you get in more trouble than it's worth.
I feel my reply to MRMASHPOTATOESMOOTH this afternoon says it all.
Please send me the name of their attorney or have their attorney contact me please.
Looks like I might need to perform a little research on my protections as a blogger.

This seems to be getting interesting.

I was going to take it down as the police have taken down their video from their website, but threats and me do not get along well. If I take it down now MRPOTATOHEAD will feel he has won, but I have no desire for MRINSTANTPOTATOES to have any victory. I'm conflicted on how to deal with MRPOTATOFLAKES.

Any advice?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are doing a service to your community by posting this video.
This person and their empty threats should not intimidate you or us by putting doubt in our minds that what we witnessed on that video was a crime.
You did the right thing by asking for the name of the attourney, and if there really is one, it is their place to suggest you take it down, not some thug with a myspace.

mark said...

Gunner dont tke the video down. it is on the net for reason and this is a ploy to cover those that took the wallet. they re probably going to get caught soon and they dont want any evidence or videos. If I was you I would call and talk with Sgt Gibson about this and ask him. just call the police dept at 459-6644 and ask for him and find out and let us know what is going on!

michaelinLV said...

Can you be sued for posting the video? Sure, but you can be sued for anything these days, that doesn't mean you'll lose. I can't imagine a court would find you liable for any damages since you are merely posting a video that was already publicly available and was created by a municipal organization (SPD).

I believe you have found the suspect, or at least a solid link to the suspect in your emails with mrmashpotatoes. Why is this person so defensive?

In regards to the comment that the video does not show anything being stolen, that is a valid argument, but the suspect will still have to answer to why they picked up the wallet in the first place? Does the victim have proof that anything was stolen?

Serr8d said...

Don't worry about it. You didn't create the video; you didn't accuse anyone of anything. It's obvious what's happened. Cheap threats by nassty potatoes are easily ignored. Let 'em stew.

But I would like to know, what kind of personage would leave a wallet in plain view, unattended, in a low-rent restaurant? I wouldn't even leave my sandwich or cold drink unattended in a place like that, much less my wallet. Was this a set-up played for the cameras?

mark said...

It does seem that when I check the site meter stats tat it shows quite a few people have done a google search for Smyrna Crime Stoppers. So I am thinking someone that knows something is going to turn these crooks in and the crooks are running scared right now so they are emailing you to say take down the video. If this was a act or these people were playing then why were the police called and given the video?

Anonymous said...

Hopefully the police are looking at this myspace account and viewing their pictures and top friends pictures to see if anyone looks like these "suspects" or "innocent" peoeple in the video.
We all agree it is stupid to leave your wallet left unattended like that, but there is no justifying someone going up, picking up that wallet, taking it out of the store and bringing it back in to put back in what was obviously a sneaky way. And I don't think the police dept. would show a "bogus" video.

Anonymous said...

Where was thhe prson that left the wallet on the table? How much time lapsed between the wallet being picked up, and brought back? Where is the wallet owner?

MacLaren said...

And will MRMASHPOTATOESMOOTH ever find MRSDARKRICHGRAVY?