Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Meeting that you might want to attend

With the issue of Nissan in the air the company and Department of Energy will have a meeting tonight you might want to attend.
The U.S. Department of Energy will conduct a meeting Thursday to obtain public comments regarding preparation of an environmental assessment for its proposed action of issuing a federal loan to Nissan to support construction of its battery manufacturing and electric vehicle production project in Smyrna.

The meeting will take place from 6 to 8 p.m. in the Smyrna Room at the Smyrna Town Centre, 100 Sam Ridley Parkway East.
I have some questions on their lithium-ion batteries that I would like answered.

1 comment:

village farmer said...

So how did the meeting go? Unfortunently I did not read your post until Friday so I could not go, but I would be very interested in how they are going to handle the polutants generated by manufacturing the batteries.