Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Smyrna police investigating kidnapping

Last night near dowtown Smyrna there was alot of police traffic around 10pm. Well come to find out this is what was going on.

According to a transcript of the dispatch call, a woman living on Hicks Lane called police around 10 p.m. after her family received a call from her 14-year-old son who said he’d been kidnapped and put into a black car. The boy said he was taken from Fairway Mobile Home Park on Sam Davis Road and that those who took him demanded he give them three ounces of marijuana or they’d kill him.


This article is published on Smyrn AM by my good friend Mealand from the Daily News Journal


I have always wondered where in the world are these parents and why are they not held accountable as well? As a home owner in the area I am now thinking about buying myself a gun to protect my property since it was already tagged back in Dec. of last yr. I can understand that teens get bored but this is a federal offense to kidnap someone. I feel that there must be more to this story than this teen is telling officers. Maybe the truth will come out soon and we can all rest at night. We as homeowners don't need this in our neighborhoods for it hurts our home values which are already hurt by the economy. Parents please act like adults and raise your children right!

5 comments:

David The Good said...

They'd kill him over three oz of marijuana? Sounds like some serious insanity. I mean... really! Isn't pot supposed to make you mellow? I'll bet this was related to a "deal" gone wrong. I hope everyone is okay.

Thanks for posting this, Mark. Glad you're watching.

mark said...

David this is getting crazy. I still feel there is more to the story than this teen is telling plus I want to ask why is this 14 yr old out and across town at 10pm when there is a curfew? Why are the parents letting their teens run wild? hold the paretns acountable as well!

David The Good said...

You know, I think the ancient Israelites had it right when they decided the age of accountability was 13.

mark said...

A teen was caught tonight at my neighbors home behind my home and he left a backpack on her carport and this woman wasnt even home. I called the ploice and they stopped him walking down the road and made him go back over to get his backpack but let him go. If he wasnt doing anything wrong then why hide a pack somewhere. We all need to really watch the area now for the teen boys are learking around the area! I am going to buy a camera system so I can keep a watch on my home.Buying a gun is next so I can be prepared to protect my home!

Gunner said...

Mark. Email me. I have a document you might want to review before you purchase a home security system.