Friday, November 6, 2009

Restricted

In many ways...many cruel ways I enjoy telemarketers. If they are polite and speak slowly enough to let me interrupt with questions I'll take the time to honestly listen to them. If instead they come on and speak at a speed that would make an auctioneer proud, or to use a recording I end up less impressed....or the ultimate sin of calling on a number that ID's as restricted.

I just got a recorded message(Strike One) that I answered that was listed on my caller ID as restricted (Strike Two) for a customer appreciation day for the Stewartsboro Crossing shopping center where the Dollar general, Foxes Pizza and others are. The recording on an upcoming customer appreciation say was rather fast, not auctioneer fast but fast enough to un-impress me and to disappoint me that they would use blind number calls like this.

I'm also wondering how they got my number. Now I use my cell phone for many things, but mostly personal only, but I limit it's exposure for family business as we use my wife's number for that reason. No credit was given on who paid for the recorded restricted call, so I'm unable to ask how they got my cell number, so this alone qualifies for a strike three.

I also know that my cell phone is on the federal DO NOT CALL list. While this can be gotten around in many ways, and this call likely does not qualify as a telemarketer, I'm still disappointed to have received this from a local business. I would have thought better of them.

This Saturday the shopping center will be having a customer appreciation day....but I will not be attending.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Gunner is your cell phone listed on your voter registration? I got this same recorded call on my work phone number - a Davidson County # that I haven't gotten calls on since election season (which also made me VERY mad).

Gunner said...

I did use my number for a voter registration card....I'll see if they sell those lists.