Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Earthquake in Haiti

I'm in the midst of helping World Vision with some radio spots aimed at getting relief into Haiti. If anyone can spare a few dollars to help them respond to this disaster, they're one of many good aid organizations.

You can donate here: World Vision

The death toll is unbelievable. If you can't give - pray. Haiti has systemic problems that are now exponentially worse. I wish I could fly down there right now and start digging. As it is, I'm at least getting a small chance to help from here and I thank God for that. What a horrible disaster. If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions on how to help, please chime in.

Thanks, Smyrna.

-DYG

3 comments:

Gunner said...

Made link hot for you

mark said...

should we do a supply drive. asking for clothes, water and other items? we could have everyone meet on a sat at the bowling center. let me know what you think David?

David The Good said...

I don't know how we'd get the items into the hands of the victims. Other than donating to an organization that already has a foothold in the nation, it's hard to figure out logistics.