Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What do I do now?

You might be pumping the water from your basement or even your ground floor and wondering what is the best way to deal with water damaged items. Here is a small sampling of links and PDF links to informational sites and documents by different agencies that might give you some help on certain chores.

Cleaning up after a flood (with video)

How to clean up a basement after a flood

PDF LINKS

Repairing Your Flooded Home

Cleaning Flooded Upholstered Furniture, Curtains, Bedding, Table ...

MOLD & MILDEW

Cleaning Flooded Wood Floors and Woodwork

Home Clean-Up and Sanitation

I'll call it good for now. The links should give you some specifics on a few items but for the most part common sense is what should guide you. Looking at the news I can say that while Smyrna and LaVergne got hit bad with the initial torrent the main problem is happening down stream in Nashville and other counties.

1 comment:

David said...

Thanks for the links, Gunner!

I see that the first link is to floodsafety.com. I spent some time reading articles on that site as the rains fell on Saturday. Fortunately I did not need to use what I learned, but it looked like a great resource.

There are more links over at http://nashvillest.com/ . Some of the information is only relevant to Nashville residents, but a lot of it would apply to anyone in this area.