Thursday, July 15, 2010

From a reader

Most people do not know about this gathering.
Hi Gunner. I was driving to the food bank to drop off some extra zucchini this morning and I noticed there was a farmer's market going on in the parking lot of the North Rutherford health department. I don't think they have done anything to promote it, as a quick google search turned up nothing on the topic, so I thought you might like to mention it on your blog. I made a call the the health department to make sure I had my facts straight for you.

It goes on every Wednesday morning from 8 am to 12 pm until the last Wednesday in August, and is open to the public. This morning I saw lots of yummy produce on offer, including melons, tomatoes, potatoes, squash, and okra. One farmer was even selling beef!

I think it would be great to get the word out on this, as I have seen a lot of posts on these local blogs in the past few years about wanting to bring a farmer's market to the area, yet I had no idea there actually was one!

Thanks,
Sarah N.
Beef! That is pretty cool I think. I'm looking around myself for someone local who does their own bacon or hams for personal consumption so if you know someone send me their information.

No comments: