Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ride for Reading


When I was younger I remember in middle school reading books to earn free books. I would have to read 4 book and give a small verbal report to the teacher about the individual books. I then could select free a book from a long table. I remember picking grand adventure books like "The Swiss Family Robinson" and "The Mysterious Island" and "Robin Hood". Because of those cheaply printed books I have a great love of literature. Also because of that I strongly support all programs to get as many books to children as I can...and this one is even better because it is local.
Krispy Kreme Children's Book Drive to Benefit Local Non-Profit Ride for Reading

All Nashville Area/Middle Tennessee Krispy Kreme locations will collect New and Gently used Children's books in honor of Dr. Seuss's birthday month. The drive begins on March 14th, 2011 and will end on April 2, 2011, which is National Children's Book Day. Guests are encouraged to "dough-nate" at least 3 books and they will receive a FREE doughnut of their choice.

So if you haven't already tried our new Banana Kreme Pie or Banana Cake doughnuts, this is your chance to taste them for free! They are indescribable and there is no better opportunity for a free doughnut and the chance to be involved in impacting the education of the Nashville Community.
Give three books and enjoy a free doughnut! WIN!

No comments: