Thursday, January 12, 2012

Another business is closing in Smyrna

It seems the Food Lion on Nissan Blvd. will be closing soon. I feel bad for the other shops in that small strip mall. When an anchor store leaves the business of the rest are hurt.
About 1,000 employees were informed Wednesday that Food Lion is closing dozens of grocery stores in Tennessee and cutting jobs, including two Murfreesboro locations and a Smyrna store.
My wife says it has a better selection of ethnic foods then the other. Send good thoughts out to the other businesses there.

2 comments:

Misty said...

For lack of better words, THIS SUCKS! I live less than a mile from there and buy about half of my weekly groceries there. Your wife is correct, they do have more of an ethnic (mostly latino) selection. I will really miss the convenience, as I literally go there nearly every day.

Michael Hickerson said...

We should also feel bad for the Smyrna/LaVerge food bank. The two Food Lions were extremely generous in their support of the food bank and with one gone, the donations may be cut in half.