Thursday, January 26, 2012

Preparing for an emergency

La Vergne has impressed me with there openness to discuss emergency planning. They have gone so far as to have an "Local Emergency Planning Committee", For those who suffered the Flood of 2010 here in Smyrna I was impressed with the response of our town, but am a hint disappointed that we do not have open discussions on the subject. I would love for Smyrna to offer classes such as La Vergne does.
FaceBook
Status Update
By La Vergne, Tennessee
Today the LaVergne Senior Center is reviewing "Home Emergency Preparedness" and "Basic CPR" at 10:00am. These sessions will be followed by B-I-N-G-O at 12:00noon. If you're 60 or over, please stop by and join the fun!
I'm sure that Smyrna has well laid out plans for emergencies. The fast response during the 2010 flood shows that, but interacting with us residents on emergency planning would go a long way to helping people be ready on their own.

No comments: