Sunday, June 3, 2012

Bummer

I enjoy looking over the Daily News Journal on Sunday mornings. It helps me get a feel for possible issues and subjects to do a column on in the coming week ahead. I was looking at the hoopla about the Mosque and had some pop-overs appear on the screen. As I read more articles the pop-overs slowly counted down until it warned me I was on my final one.
I tried after the last one to pull up a random article and got the "Dark screen of Doooom!!!!" (insert ominous thunder) and am now unable to view the DNJ articles.
Now I had missed the news that the DNJ was going behind a paywall. I found that it is all of the community papers owned by Gannett. (link goes to a non-Gannett paper so you will not use up your limited views)
Leaders with the nation’s largest newspaper publisher, Gannett, announced that they will put the company’s 80 community newspapers behind a paywall by the end of the year. The Tennessean in Nashville, The Leaf Chronicle in Clarksville, The Jackson Sun and the The Daily News Journal out of Murfreesboro, Tenn., are all Gannett publications, according to the company’s website.
I might have to subscribe to the DNJ just to read the articles

No comments: