Thursday, July 26, 2012

Guest Columnist Robert New

Our third guest column from a local candidate is by Robert New. Robert is running for the new 37th District and hopes to win the Democrat primary in August and the following election in November.
Robert New RN
electbobnew.com  
 My wife Linda, and I have been residents of Rutherford county for the past 23 yrs. I have been involved in local politics since I moved here. Have helped on several campaigns. Have ran for office in the past. I am currently a member of the Rutherford County Democratic Executive Committee.
I am a Registered Nurse. I have been a HealthCare professional for the past 37 yrs. I have worked in Intensive Care, in the Emergency Room, and Long Term Care. I have worked in Home Health care for the past 20 yrs, I am currently employed by a locally owned Home Health Agency. I have always preferred direct Patient care. This is where I feel I could do the most good. 
It is through my direct patient care with residents of Rutherford and surrounding counties, that I have become aware of more than just meeting their physical needs. My job has taken me into the homes of various socio-economic groups. I have cared for children, but mostly adults of all ages. My teaching has often included making referrals, connecting the patient with the right support groups, being a good patient advocate, and being their voice.  
I have been in the city, suburban, and rural areas, on dirt roads to see all my patients. Although they have various medical and financial needs, they also share many common needs and concerns.  
Our senior citizens and veterans hold a special place in my heart as I've enjoyed working closely with them.  
I am a licensed private pilot, A CPR instructor, a member of of the American Legion. I served in the Army. My wife and I have various interests. We enjoy going to Florida on the Gulf coast, upstate New York on lake Ontario, and over to Pigeon Forge.  
We attend Highland Heights Church of Christ in Smyrna and our oldest son's church, Hillview Community Church in LaVergne. We enjoy spending time with our family.  
What you have to say is important, let me be your voice, I will represent all the citizens of Rutherford County.  
I am running for the State House of Representatives District 37. I am concerned with the direction our state is going.  
The gains that worker, minorities, and women have made are under attack.  
I am committed to protect the rights of the poor, the weak, the disenfranchised, and the middle class. 
JOBS I will work hard to create new jobs. It is time to stop sending our jobs overseas! It is time to put Tennessee first, by giving Tennessee the first change at state and local contracts, so our tax dollars create jobs here.  
Healthcare Affordable Healthcare for all Tennesseans.  
Education is under attack! Our children and grandchildren deserve a good education. Our teachers need to be able to teach without all the added testing. Our children are our future and good teachers are our future also. The single greatest thing we can do for our children is provide them with a good public education.  
The American Dream used to mean something, if you put in a hard days work, you could expect good wages, benefits and a better life for your family. It's time our government served the interest of ordinary Americans again.

No comments: