WOMEN’S SELF-DEFENSE CLASS
The Smyrna Police Department will be hosting a women’s self–defense class in January. This class is for women only and it is based on the
RAD-SYSTEM of self-defense. RAD (RAPE, AGGRESSION and DEFENSE) is a self-defense program designed to enhance a woman’s natural desire to RESIST rape/aggression as well as enhance the human natural “fight or flight” response when dealing with aggression. The entire 12 hour course is broken down into 4 separate, 3 hour classes. The course is designed to teach students techniques for physical defense as well as techniques for preventing a potential attack through “situational awareness” and trusting their “sixth sense.” Women will also have the opportunity to test their newly learned skills in a controlled environment during a training simulation with an aggressor.
• The dates for the class are May 17th, 18th, 24th and 25th (Tuesday and Wednesday nights) from 6 pm – 9 pm.
• Mother/daughter student teams are strongly encouraged.
• Minimum age is 12 years old without a maximum age for participation. Juvenile students will need a parent/guardian release.
• Cost for the class is $25.00 per household.
• For more information about the RAD system of self-defense, you may go to www.rad-systems.com
• Anyone interested in taking the January class should contact Sgt. Bobby Gibson at (615) 459-9742, ext. 2536 or via email at email@example.com