Sunday, November 27, 2005

I'm Back

I am back and rejuvinated after several days off from blogging. Over the course of my few days away, I did catch part of a program that CNN had on about bloggers. Blogging is increasingly becoming part of main stream media as is evidenced by Wolfe Blitzer's The Situation Room. I read an article on that. They have blog feeds running in the background to capture real time feedback and fuels their discussion on certain topics.

I've had this idea to run my own podcast show on current topics, along the lines of Glenn Beck, and my rss feeds would be the source of my information/inspiration. Anyway, another random idea shared with you.

While I was out, I did manage to take part in some of the Black Friday activities. I'm here to tell you that it was COLD Friday morning and if you plan to be one of the first 50 at Best Buy next year, you'd better be there before 2:30 AM. I got there at 4:00 AM and a fellow in front of me's mother-in-law had been there since 2:30 and was number 51. They were pretty organized. The folks with whom I waited were very friendly and we all offered to watch each other's place in line if one had to step out and retrieve something from their vehicles. Best Buy also served free Starbucks, which was way cool.

A note on the outlook of our economy, it seems that everyone that huddled in my group was pretty optimistic about our economy and had no problems spending the money they were about to spend.

Now, on to another topic. I saw a clip the other day about dollar stores and how you could save money by shopping there. Anyone out there care to weigh in on the topic? I'm about to do my grocery shopping and thought I'd drop by the Dollar General to check it out. I've been to Dollar General's in the past and other dollar stores but have never been that impressed with the money saving potential. I will post about the new Dollar General on Nissan Drive at a later time.

Finally, if you would be interested in being a guest blogger on the This is Smyrna, TN blog, please drop me a line at dailydiablogger at gmail dot com.

Have a lovely day.

No comments: