Tuesday, November 8, 2005

Southern Living at Home

Well, I missed karate tonight to attend a home show. It was the Southern Living at Home show hosted by Gina. I'd been to plenty of catalog shows before and knew straightaway that I wasn't a big fan of them. I mean, think of it, I was on my way to KARATE and my friend was like, you've got to go with me to this show at my sister's house. Well, I get there, we do question/answers type quiz where you get points for answering yes to certain things. It was no suprise that I got a 3 while the other ladies there got like 17 and 19... I'm not the domestic type, you see... So I won the twinkie. That's what will be served for dessert if you come to my apartment.

Now, I must admit that the show was a pretty good time. I think that perhaps, in this day and age, that a couple's show might be more fun. I mean, let's face it, my husband does most of the cooking and he loves the Food Network. I, on the other hand, attend karate and would rather be doing this or reading a book or taking a walk or playing tennis or sleeping rather than cooking or anything else domestic.

There are plenty of you out there who do REALLY enjoy this and I am glad because I need someone to keep me fat...

If you love Southern Living Magazine and are interested in having a party, you should get in touch with Shonna Harrison. Her email address is shonna harrison at comast dot net.

Have a look at Shonna's website at SouthernLivingatHome.com/ShonnaHarrison.

According to Shonna, Southern Living at Home launched in January of 2001 and, with the help of an already established brand, reached their first years sales goal of 7M in one month. The business sold 26M in the first year and is on target to become a billion dollar direct sales company.

Pictured left is Shonna Harrison leading the show at Gina's.







Image hosted by Photobucket.comAngela Storelli is justly crowned as most domestic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what has happened to smyrna I mean omg it's changed for the worse a resident all my childhood to the age of 22 I move and all hell breaks loose it's tacky now.I reside in the midwest now it was a shame last weekend to see what has happened to my home town