Saturday, November 17, 2007

Is Smyrna being invaded?

I have lived in Tennessee about 8 years total, and three of them in Smyrna. In all of that time I have never seen what I have seen three times in the last two weeks.

I was at a park near the airport and saw two large furry 'things' scampering/waddling across the far end of the parking lot. I saw that they were about the size of beavers, but with no big flat tails. I saw them about ten minutes later crossing a nearby road. The same two.

Today while near the Smyrna rescue squad I saw one again, and got close enough to look at it for details. A quick check online and I found that the furry 'thing' was a groundhog. Like this one.



Does anyone know if there is a ground surge of groundhogs? Are we on the verge of being invaded by an army of them, and the ones I have seen are the scouts?

No comments: