Monday, December 22, 2008

Reward offered!

I am a first time home buyer and with that said I am very proud of my new home which is in a nice part of town, but when I came home from work I found that someone had spray painted graffiti all over the side of my garage. I called the police and they informed me that since school is out that it's probably some teens in the area acting up. Well, I know that teens will brag if they do something bad so If anyone hears that some teens in the area spray painted someone's home please let me know and if we catch them I will give out a small reward to that person. I have worked so hard to have a nice home and some punk is going to try to ruin it for me is just insane! I have taken pictures and called the insurance company so they will be out soon to look at the damages and let me know what I should do. I was thinking about painting over this but its way to cold out right for the paint to stick. Please parents make sure you teach your children not to destroy someone else's property!

5 comments:

David The Good said...

Mark,

I'm really sorry to hear that. Totally frustrating. When I get back into town, I might be able to help you. I've had to remove some paint before... maybe we can fix it.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm we have had more than enough crime onour street these pst 2 weeks from robbery to homes and vehicles. Early evening too these kids are NOT afraid! Smyrna PD is well aware and I believe doing there best, but as homeowners I am MAD! There is no fear or respect anymore, we chased off 5 teen boys who destroyed the street! They haven't been caught. Let's all keep our eyes peeled and our voices loud. Concerned in Smyrna. PS the one they did catch was from Antioch.....go figure

mark said...

I took care of the paint and know most of the Smyrna PD on 3rd shift and they have been watching my home since this has happened. I also put the word out with some teens that I would give them a reward if I find out who did this. school starts back now and someone will brag. I posted signs and have a dog now so if they try to come back I am going to let the dog out and hope dog gets them....lol!!

David The Good said...

Maybe we can build a mine field!

Oh, actually... the dog will do that for you. All over the yard. Heh heh.

The thing that bugs me about graffiti is that much of it lacks artistic merit. If someone sprays a stupid symbol, it's irritating as heck. But if they painted a snarling T-rex - hey, that's actually sort of cool.

Just don't do it on our houses.

mark said...

What bothers me that it was a message that said :don't f up! but Not many know where I live that dont like me....I still think it sucks that someone did this to someone elses property. NO RESPECT!!