Tuesday, February 3, 2009

If I had no bad luck

When I was younger the show Hee Haw had a song that could describe so well myself and vehicles in the last three weeks.
"Gloom, despair and agony on me-e!
Deep dark depression, excessive misery-y!
If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all!
Gloom, despair and agony on me-e-e!"
During the last cold snap about three weeks ago my wife woke to find that her car would not start. Due to that she took mine to work...but never made it. Within 30 minutes we went from two vehicles to zero vehicles. Her timing belt and my battery needed replacing.

Tonight I decided to take Elizabeth out for some Waffle House grub. While there my truck refused to start and after she went and got her car we headed home. Within 4 blocks she had a flat (stem failed). Again on one of the coldest days of the year to date we go from two to zero vehicles.

My truck is likely a vacuum issue that has popped up recently, but it is money that we can ill afford.

If I had no bad luck I'd have no luck at all......

2 comments:

David The Good said...

Oh boy... I know the feeling. Hope things turn up for you soon. Cars can be such a pain.

Mel Hiers said...

Geez, when one goes out, they all go out! Hope things get better for you soon!