Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Aftermath of a storm

Gas prices have risen forty cents a gallon in Smyrna since Monday.

As I drove past the Kroger gas on my way home, I noticed no cars there...a bit unusual since cars are usually lined up two deep and they were five deep on Monday. There were orange cones at each station, making me think they ran out of gasoline in the tanks. I've heard a rumor going around that due to the disruption of shipments and oil prices we could run out of gas by this weekend at stations in the area. Again, that is just rumor and I don't know it to be true.

Our prayers are needed for those families who have lost so much. Many of them may be staying in our area, having fled the devestation. And don't forget there are a lot of relief operations set up to take donations for assistance. And let us also not forget that it's not just now that people will need our help--it will be needed in the days and weeks to come.

No comments: