Saturday, August 27, 2005

Innovation :: A Look Into the Future

Have you checked out my other sites we love section? Most likely not. I can't let another post go by without bringing these links to your attention. I'll select my favorite innovations. First, we'll start with the monolithic dome.

Travel to certain parts of the country and you may see things dome homes in some communities. In Smyrna, TN, however, I think it would be cause for front page news... Dome construction is not only more sturdy than regular contstruction but can also be more energy efficient, allowing for greater circulation throughout the house. If you've never considered an alternative home building idea, this one begs for attention. Dome construction is most likely not for everyone but it is a great start at "thinking outside the box".

Next, the skycar... All I can say is, I want one! Now! The price tag, last I checked, was well over 200k... Don't think I'll be buying one anytime soon but if ever I were to win millions in the lottery, rest assured, I'd have my skycar parked right next to my dome home, in its own dome hanger, of course.

Finally, another one of my favorites is the litter kwitter. Seen the movie Meet the Fokkers? Think it would be cool to teach your cat to use the toilet? Oh, yeah! Again, the price tag is a bit hefty right now but I am hoping that they'll begin distribution in the U.S. before long cutting down on such a heavy price tag. I'm so ready to ditch the litter box.

How about you? Any favorites? Are there any innovators in the town of Smyrna, TN? Comment me and let me know about your product! Perhaps we'll feature it here.

If you are interested in being a contributing member of the This is Smyrna, TN blog, give me a buzz at dailydiablogger@gmail.com. This blog is not to replace the local newspaper but to offer an option from a citizen's perspective. It is a means by which the residents of Smyrna, TN can connect to each other and sometimes the nation. Only prerequisites: first you must live in and love the town of Smyrna, TN, no discrimination, content must be pg13 and must be of value to the citizens of Smyrna, TN. Administrator reserves the right to remove members who violate this policy. On occassion, this blog does reach out nationally to help find missing persons.

Have a great day.

Are you a Smyrna, TN Blogger? ThisisSmyrnatn.blogspot.com is forming a Blogger's Discussion Group. Plans are to meet once a month to discuss blogging, tools of blogging, css and anything else of interest. Email me at dailydiablogger@gmail.com if interested.

Tags: ; ; ; ; ; ; ,

No comments: