Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Biology Teacher Suspended at Smyrna High

Yikes, The Tennessean is reporting that Biology Teacher, Kenneth Anderson, was arrested for sending racy messages to a female student.

I think I may recall this fellow from orientation, but I'm not quite sure. I have a student at Smyrna High. She did not have Mr. Anderson but said that was all the talk today.

Mr. Anderson, according to the Tennessean, is 37 years old.

I wondered what society would have thought about a relationship between an 17 or 18 year old and a 37 year old, say 50 years ago? My mind never fully comprehended relationships between someone much older and someone so much younger, even those that were back in the 1800's, etc... It just never seemed right to me. I'm not 37 yet but would never dream of a relationship with someone that young.

It will be interesting to learn all the details.

No comments: