Monday, December 4, 2006

Beer board meeting

I decided tonight to drop by and see how the beer board works. Up to now I have only been to the city council meetings. Figured I would expand my horizons some.

At first I was very disappointed. No samples at the door. Hey! A man can have hope.

In all only three beer licenses were dealt with. One for a saloon who's name escapes me.

The other was for the New convenience center that will be part of Home depot. I posted about this "test store" in September. Being built now, it opens on January 18th.

The other beer permit was for Gil's Market. Seems one of the owners recently died and that required the permit to be updated. One problem. No one from Gil's market was in attendance tonight to step up to the podium for an updated permit. The night almost ended with a letter being sent to Gil's informing them that they no longer can sell beer. A short recess was called and one of the owners of Gil's was contacted. They dashed to the board from Murfreesboro during another recess, and "saved" their license.

The board inquired if I was their for a beer board issue. The town attorney told them that I was from the "This is Smyrna, TN" website. A couple of the members said they would check out our blog.

"Hi!"

Thus ends the tale of my beer board visit.

No comments: