Monday, March 5, 2007

Forgive me for bragging..but

I was told the inner dream of most bloggers was to be a journalist or reporter. To join the mass media and write the great 4th estate epics that rival the Woodward and Bernstein exposes of the watergate era.

I was blogging because it was fun.

What happened to me, was that the 4th estate blindside me a couple weeks ago.

I write for This is Smyrna, TN.. A local blog whose subject is, obviously, Smyrna Tn. In the last year I have gotten to know one of the local Daily News Journal reporters. The paper is based in Murfreeesboro, the county seat.

The DNJ is starting a local weekly for our town. Name unknown right now.

A few weeks ago Mealand, the DNJ reporter, asked me if she could put my name forward as interested in writing for the weekly.

Boy Howdy!

After several email exchanges and calls with her boss. I just got the final word tonight.

I am going to be a weekly opinion columnist. Under my name and picture and all. My first paid writing job. We talked about what I would write. As my writing is blog based and opinionated I was very happy to be able to do opinion based articles.

I gained the blogger's dream...by accident.

cross posted at No Quarters

No comments: