Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Addresing the town council tonight

I'm doing two jobs tonight. One is an address to the town council on a small issue that I would like to bring to their attention, and the other is a speech class project. Since both can be done together I would like to invite you to watch the town council meeting tonight at 7pm.

Channel 3 is the local cable channel for the town of Smyrna, but for those who do not have cable they stream broadcast the town meeting live on the net here for those who want to watch it on their computer.

For anyone who knows me personally, or those who read my columns, the idea that government should back off of its controlling nature is a view that I hold and espouse. I will be addressing the council on the subject of personal fowl inside of the city limits. It may be fun, or it could be a disaster, but most definitely it should not be missed.

Even better. Drop by and watch the meeting live. After the fiery workshop I wonder how this meeting will end up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK GUNNER!!!!!

Kathy T. said...

How did it go? I was at baton with the youngest spawn.

Gunner said...

alright. I got a bit nervous and a funny thing happened. I need to talk to my editor about it. If it is worthy of a column I will write it up for Smyrna Am, but will also tell you guys.

I'm not sure they will go for it, but they have information and a handout I made up.