Monday, April 21, 2008

This week in smyrna

The town has only one scheduled meeting this week open to the public
The Town of Smyrna Historic Zoning Commission will meet on Thursday, April 24, 2008, at 3:30 p.m., Smyrna Town Hall, 315 South Lowry Street. The purpose of the meeting is to consider proposed changes to signage for multi-tenant commercial uses and expansion of the Historic District.
A few months ago they brought up the issue in one meeting of multiple signs on historic buildings when several businesses are in them. Currently the town ordinance limit them if I am correct. Not sure where the expansion is. Wish these meeting were televised like many of the others.

Smyrna Online Polls run by Mike Sparks has a good question up. What is your view of the economy? My view is less then thrilled.

3 comments:

MacLaren said...

Since I live in the proposed expansion area, I got a map in the mail of the new "historic district" proposal. It covers quite a few blocks. My fear is that they'll add all kinds of restrictions to us. But... I guess I'll just have to go to the meeting and see what they're hoping to do.

MacLaren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David The Good said...
This comment has been removed by the author.